Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mardi Gras- Ten Day Style

So, another ten days down. These were ten HARD days for anyone trying to eat well and exercise. I'm convinced that Santa is fat only because he visits around the holiday season. I titled this post "Mardi Gras" because that's pretty much what I've done for the last ten days. No, not taking my shirt off and getting wasted, but eating extremely poorly as I get ready for the school year, where I hope the structure and schedule of school will help control my diet and exercise routine. As taken from the source of all knowledge, Wikipedia describes Mardi Gras this way "Mardi gras is French for Fat Tuesday, referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season." That's basically how I've eaten over the last ten days. I guess that's how everyone is around this time. In all reality, I've had a good break with family and friends. I can't say I really regret regressing on my diet and exercise plans, but I'm ready to start making some major changes in the next few weeks. My exercising has been off and on. Marissa and I got a good workout in on Christmas eve, and we've exercised a few times over the last ten days. I'm also hoping that a little more structure in my life will stabilize my workouts. I truly believe the next ten days will be extremely important in setting the tone for the remaining time from now till June 30th. We'll see how it goes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment