Saturday, January 14, 2012

Getting the Show on the Road

Another ten days down and things are going pretty good. Marissa and I have a pretty good routine going for exercise and diet. We've been pretty good about going to the gym or for a good walk during the week. Weekends are still a little tough, but I expected that from the start. Marissa has been a real champ in the kitchen. She's a great cook and I've really enjoyed her healthy cooking these last few days. I was actually really surprised  with how many vegetables and fruits we've added to our diet. I've enjoyed the structure of school, and I really think it's helped put things on the right track. I have class most of the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Monday nights. It's helpful to know that Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings are open for exercise. Tuesday/Thursday are a little tougher, but we've been working hard so far. I know diet and exercise plans always have great starts, but I'm hoping this one will be different because of the non-drastic changes I'm trying to make. I still enjoy the food I eat, and I find time for exercise whenever I can. It's been a good experience. I'm trying not stress too much about missing a day of exercise or eating something I probably shouldn't. I'm going for a gradual change that will eventually become my lifestyle habits. I think that will be the key going forward. We'll see how the next ten days go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment