Monday, January 23, 2012

7 Habits of Highly Effective Weight-Losers

So, as I've endeavored yet again into the world of diets and exercise, I've tried to establish habits and routines that will help me live a more healthy lifestyle. I decided to come up with a list of the habits I'm attempting to create in my life that will, I hope, lead to weight loss and better overall health. In no particular order, here they are:
1. Wake up earlier (usually around 6:30 or 7:00)
2. Drink more water.
3. Drink less calories (soda, juice, etc.)
4. Eat more fruits and veggies.
5. Exercise daily.
6. Walk, take the stairs, be active!
7. Eat less sweets and carbs.

I know, generic list. But it sure helps when these things are swimming around in your brain. If I'm craving a snack, it helps to have my goal of eating more fruits and veggies in mind. At school, maybe I could just take the stairs to go up two floors. I truly believe things like this will make a difference in my life. Exercising daily helps me relieve stress and feel better. Drinking more water keeps me full after meals and makes me feel better as I exercise. Waking up early has surprisingly been very helpful in exercising and getting a great start to my day. I feel more energized and ready for the day. Also, it helps with homework and other aspects of my life. I'd have to say I'm learning a lot as I go through this experience. I hope I can keep it up as things like employment, children, and other service begin to play a larger role in my life. I'm excited to see where this goes. See you in ten days.

1 comment:

  1. One of my "healthier" goals this year is to do a lot of those things....generic maybe but they can be tough! Like the getting up earlier. Hopefully that one will get better soon for me. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete